Monday, December 29, 2014

"Struck a Nerve" Examples: 2014

EXAMPLES AND ANALYSIS: 2014 "Struck a Nerve"
RUSH: Here's Ray in Livermore, California, as we head back to the phones. Great to have you, sir. Welcome.
CALLER: Hey, Rush, Merry Christmas and happy Hanukkah dittos to you and your family and the staff there, EIB, really appreciate what you're doing. I know you're pressed for time, but if there's time to make a second comment on your book following my original call-in comment, I'd love to. In your opening remarks, you know, talking about Jeb Bush, and overall, the way the media reacts to you, an old bomber pilot had an axiom that fits perfect. He said, "If you're taking flak, it means you're directly over the target. Open the bomb bay doors."
RUSH: You know, I got a note from -- and actually a Republican -- you know this person, but I can't mention him. Republican strategist, campaign organizer, said, "Hey, don't buy into this. They're scared to death of you. That's their problem." I can't remember. It's just a one-line thing but it's basically the same point that you're making. I mean, if they're ripping you to shreds like this, you must be over the target, must be hitting too close to home. I, of course, am aware of this, yes.
CALLER: Yeah, and especially if you're making both sides upset, it's clear that you're on target, Rush, and we want to encourage you to keep up the good work.
RUSH: Thank you. Here it is. She says, "They don't hate you. They are terrified of you. Keep it up." You say keep the bomb bay doors open. Right on, dude.
-- The Rush Limbaugh Show, December 17, 2014.

***
"I guess I would tell you when you break glass ceilings you're going to get scraped by a minor chard or two from the glass. But what I really focus on is the hard work that we have in these last two years and I wake up every morning, as I know the president does, focusing on people who are really just trying to get ahead, who are counting on us to work for them."
-- Valerie Jarrett, senior advisor to President Barack Obama, reported November 12, 2014.

No comments: